Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Recipe
Discover tofu with this Asian-inspired stir-fry from Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Says Trisha, “This recipe is a tasty way to introduce your family to tofu. The blend of flavors really makes this meatless main dish appeal to folks who have never tried tofu.”
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and onions; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add cabbage and tomatoes; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 3. Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet; bring to a boil. Return tofu to skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Curried Tofu Stir-Fry
Reviewed May. 1, 2011
"Good and interesting flavor. My husband thought it would be better with some chicken ,pork or shrimp added, I would agree, but we had a vegitarian guest for dinner so we went meatless."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC