Curried Three-Bean Salad Recipe
Cumin and curry powder give this chilled three-bean salad terrific zip. "I get a lot of compliments on it," says Howie Wiener, Spring Hill, Florida. Not only does it come together quickly, but at 70 cents a serving, it's economical, too.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a bowl, combine the beans, corn, celery and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well.
- 2. Drizzle over bean mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 340 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 11g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Curried Three-Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC