Curried Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
This lovely, cream soup makes a fabulous first course at special sit-down dinners. I often double the recipe because family and friends can't stop eating it!—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional garnishes: minced fresh cilantro, toasted flaked coconut and toasted chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the curry, gingerroot and salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the potatoes, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in the coconut milk, cream and cilantro; heat through. Garnish with cilantro, coconut and pecans if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 225 calories, 16g fat (13g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Curried Sweet Potato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC