- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups grated peeled sweet potatoes
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in eggs and milk until blended. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 24 latkes.
Reviews for Curried Sweet Potato Latkes
"I made this sweet potato latkes as written. My husband and I loved them. The curry was not too strong. I served them with cool sour cream. This recipe is a keeper....because my husband is not a big fan of sweet potato, but he loved these latkas!"
"Delicious! I made a half recipe and went very light with the spices because I didn't want an overwhelming curry flavor. I also sauteed some onion and added that (as was called for in regular latkes that I just made), and that added a nice flavor as well. Great recipe...thanks!"
"Surprisingly flavorful and quite yummy! Didn't have the curry so I left it out and used GF flour blend and 1/4 c. Buckwheat flour and served with the Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon and steamed asparagus. These fritters disappeared fast!"
"Very Yummy- but FYI, The baking powder would be omitted per Jewish tradition since it is a leavening. :)"
"Very good and flavorful but not overpowering. quick to fry up and disappeared just as fast."