- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups grated peeled sweet potatoes
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in eggs and milk until blended. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 24 latkes.
Originally published as Curried Sweet Potato Latkes in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p69
Reviews for Curried Sweet Potato Latkes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
"Very Yummy- but FYI, The baking powder would be omitted per Jewish tradition since it is a leavening. :)"
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2010
"Very good and flavorful but not overpowering. Quick to fry up and disappeared just as fast."
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2009