Curried Strawberry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in chicken, celery and onion. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- 2. To serve, stir strawberries into chicken mixture. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 222 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Curried Strawberry Chicken Salad
"We thought this recipe was outstanding! My husband is not a big fan of main dish salads, but he had second helpings of this one and told me I can make it anytime! It's easy to prepare and perfect for a hot summer evening."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.