Curried Strawberry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, lime juice, lime peel, curry and salt. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in strawberries. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 222 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.