This stovetop supper is simple to make, and it charms my whole family of curry lovers. My kids even ask for it cold to have in their school lunches. —Colette Lower, York, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 31 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 1 pound mild bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large acorn squash or 6 cups butternut squash, seeded, peeled and cubed (1/2-in.)
- 1 large unpeeled apple, cubed (1/2-in.)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup water
- In a stockpot, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes; remove.
- In same pan, heat oil; cook and stir onion and pepper 3 minutes. Add squash; cook 5 minutes. Stir in apple, curry powder and salt until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Return sausage to pan; add pasta and water. Heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Squash & Sausage in Taste of Home December 2016
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Curried Squash & Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review