If you like curry, you'll enjoy the rich flavor of this creamy shrimp mixture that is delicious served over rice. "I like to garnish it with bacon bits and chopped hard-cooked eggs," notes Sue Friend of Lynden, Washington.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen uncooked small shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in soup
- and curry powder; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp; cook and stir
- until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat
- through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.