Curried Shrimp Stir-Fry
Tired taste buds, don't despair! This shrimp main dish, from Frances Riebe of Foster, Rhode Island, proves that a satisfying, well-seasoned supper can be fixed with little fuss and mess.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry apple, onion and celery in butter
- for 10 minutes or until tender. Combine flour, curry powder, salt,
- ginger and pepper; add to apple mixture and mix well. Gradually stir
- in broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; boil for 2
- minutes, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and heat through. Serve
- over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 265 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium,