Curried Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the shrimp, water chestnuts, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, soy sauce and curry powder. Stir into shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle;with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 491 calories, 38 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.