Curried Shrimp Salad
The recipe is easy to prepare and tastes great as a main dish. The water chestnuts and celery give it just enough crunch.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, water chestnuts, celery and onions. In
- a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, soy sauce and curry powder.
- Stir into shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2
- hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle;with almonds. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 491 calories, 38 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.