Curried Shrimp and Apples
Apples and shrimp, seasoned with curry powder, combine beautifully in this appealing main dish. Sometimes I make it with chicken instead of the shrimp. —Lynda Mack, Neptune Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and celery in butter for 2
- minutes. Stir in apples; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until
- Sprinkle with flour and curry powder. Gradually whisk in water and
- bouillon until smooth. Add shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is
- thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter; calculated without rice) equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,