Curried Shrimp and Apples Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and celery in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in apples; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Sprinkle with flour and curry powder. Gradually whisk in water and bouillon until smooth. Add shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 181 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Curried Shrimp and Apples
"Simply scrumptious !!"
"I made this a while back, and it was wonderful! I will surely make it again..maybe this weekend!"
"This is delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.