- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and celery in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in apples; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and curry powder. Gradually whisk in water and bouillon until smooth. Add shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Shrimp and Apples in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Shrimp and Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
Simply scrumptious !!
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2012
I made this a while back, and it was wonderful! I will surely make it again..maybe this weekend!
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
This is delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >