Curried Scallop Wonton Cups Recipe
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups, forming a cup. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are golden.
- 2. Meanwhile, wrap scallops in paper towels. Microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until firm and opaque.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in scallops. Spoon into wonton cups. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.