Cumin and curry add fabulous flavor to these seafood cups. In place of the scallops, I've also used shrimp, crab, chicken and turkey.—Pam Norby, Amery, Wisconsin
Featured In: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups, forming a cup. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Meanwhile, wrap scallops in paper towels. Microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until firm and opaque.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in scallops. Spoon into wonton cups. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Curried Scallop Wonton Cups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p34
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Scallop Wonton Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review