Curried Rice Pilaf Recipe
In this rice dish, green onions give great color, raisins bring a touch of sweetness and almonds add crunch. I think you'll agree the mild curry flavor pleases all palates. —Lee Bremson, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in rice and curry powder. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 2. In a saucepan, heat broth and salt. Pour over rice mixture; stir. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, almonds and remaining onions. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 347 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC