Curried Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in rice and curry powder. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 2. In a saucepan, heat broth and salt. Pour over rice mixture; stir. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, almonds and remaining onions. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 347 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Curried Rice Pilaf
"Super tasty dish! Love the ingredient combo. The whole family loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"Wow! My second go 2 recipe for a needed side dish for any type of meal."
"Fantastic recipe. Easy to make and a big crowd pleaser. I doubled the recipe and brought it to a work potluck. They ate all of it!!"
"This is fantastic! Went well with backed chicken and sauted zucchini! No need to wait for the holidays."
"Easy to make & my family loved it. I substituted dried apricots and pecans for the almonds and raisins because I had them on hand"