- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in rice and curry powder. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, heat broth and salt. Pour over rice mixture; stir. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, almonds and remaining onions. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Curried Rice Pilaf
Sort By :
"Super tasty dish! Love the ingredient combo. The whole family loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"Wow! My second go 2 recipe for a needed side dish for any type of meal."
"Fantastic recipe. Easy to make and a big crowd pleaser. I doubled the recipe and brought it to a work potluck. They ate all of it!!"
"This is fantastic! Went well with backed chicken and sauted zucchini! No need to wait for the holidays."
"Easy to make & my family loved it. I substituted dried apricots and pecans for the almonds and raisins because I had them on hand"