Curried Rice Mix Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 batches.
- 2. To prepare rice: Combine water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add 2 cups rice mix; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
1/2 cup: 251 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Curried Rice Mix
"This recipe is outstanding! Not only does the mix make great gifts, but this rice dish is a long-time family favorite as well!"
"Throughout the years, I've prepared many recipes from Taste of Home - and this is my all-time favorite!"
"Oh my goodness I remember you posting this recipe years ago! Through the years I had lost it, and here it is again! This recipe is a delicious side dish...I'm so glad to have found it again! Thank you, Taste of Home!"