Curried Rice Mix Recipe
Giving containers filled with homemade goodies is my merry habit. This zesty rice side dish is a particular favorite.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 batches.
- 2. To prepare rice: Combine water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add 2 cups rice mix; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 251 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC