Giving containers filled with homemade goodies is my merry habit. This zesty rice side dish is a particular favorite.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 batches.
- To prepare rice: Combine water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add 2 cups rice mix; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Originally published as Curried Rice Mix in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p46
Reviews for Curried Rice Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review