- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 batches.
- To prepare rice: Combine water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add 2 cups rice mix; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Reviews for Curried Rice Mix
Sort By :
Throughout the years, I've prepared many recipes from Taste of Home - and this is my all-time favorite!
Oh my goodness I remember you posting this recipe years ago! Through the years I had lost it, and here it is again! This recipe is a delicious side dish...I'm so glad to have found it again! Thank you, Taste of Home!