My mother gave me this recipe, which had been handed down to her. She prepared these hearty, flavorful ham rolls often for her church luncheons, and they were a huge success every time. I find that even people who have never tried curry rave about the flavor. -Pamela Witte, Hastings, Nebraska
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked brown or long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 slices deli ham (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- CURRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine rice, parsley, salt, curry powder and onion.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup down the center of each ham slice; roll up. Secure with toothpicks if desired. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange hard-cooked eggs on top.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir cornstarch, curry powder and salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the ham rolls. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Rice Ham Rolls in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p27
Reviews for Curried Rice Ham Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review