- 2 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta, broken into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- In a small saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, red pepper and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Stir in curry powder, ginger and pepper flakes. Add rice and pasta; drizzle with soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Heat through, tossing to combine. Stir in green onions, cashews and cooked eggs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Rice & Noodles in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p185
Reviews for Curried Rice & Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review