Curried Red Snapper
"My husband and daughter, who don't usually care for fish, love it prepared this way," remarks Lynette Kerslake of Corbett, Oregon. "A tasty curry sauce baked over the fish makes the delicious difference."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound red snapper or cod or haddock
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place the fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large
- skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Stir in
- curry powder and salt.
- Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Spoon over fish. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Cod, flounder, haddock, ocean perch or any other lean fish can be substituted for the red snapper.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces equals 155 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.