Quinoa contains more protein than other grains, and that protein is of unusually high quality for a plant food. That makes this a great filling main dish and the blend of flavors and colors will bring everyone at the table back for more. —Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring water and orange juice to a boil. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, red pepper, quinoa, onion, raisins and curry. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Quinoa and Chickpeas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p61
Reviews for Curried Quinoa and Chickpeas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review