Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup Recipe
Sweet apples and spicy curry combine in this rich soup, which is perfect for fall. A small serving is all you need to satisfy. —Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- 2. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 187 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC