Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup
Sweet apples and spicy curry combine in this rich soup, which is perfect for fall. A small serving is all you need to satisfy.
—Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until
- tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and
- broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in
- batches until smooth. Season with salt. Yield: 8 servings (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 187 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.