Sweet apples and spicy curry combine in this rich soup, which is perfect for fall. A small serving is all you need to satisfy. —Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
Featured In: 25 Soups to Keep You Warm This Fall
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p138
Reviews for Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2015
"Very flavorful. Mild yet rich, slightly buttery. Serve with a slice of sourdough bread or croissant."