Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup Recipe
Sweet apples and spicy curry combine in this rich soup, which is perfect for fall. A small serving is all you need to satisfy. Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p138
Reviews for Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review