Curried Potatoes and Beans
This recipe came from my grandma's collection. It's a meal in itself with hearty flavor.Mrs. Lyle Rees, Darlington, Wisconsin
3-4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in curry and
- lemon juice; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Set egg yolks aside; chop
- egg whites. In a bowl, combine egg whites, potatoes, kidney beans,
- salt, pepper and onion mixture. Pour cream over all; gently toss to
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Grate egg yolks;
- sprinkle over the top. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,114 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein.