Curried Potatoes and Beans Recipe
This recipe came from my grandma's collection. It's a meal in itself with hearty flavor.—Mrs. Lyle Rees, Darlington, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:3-4 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in curry and lemon juice; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Set egg yolks aside; chop egg whites. In a bowl, combine egg whites, potatoes, kidney beans, salt, pepper and onion mixture. Pour cream over all; gently toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Grate egg yolks; sprinkle over the top. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,114 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC