This recipe came from my grandma's collection. It's a meal in itself with hearty flavor.—Mrs. Lyle Rees, Darlington, Wisconsin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in curry and lemon juice; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Set egg yolks aside; chop egg whites. In a bowl, combine egg whites, potatoes, kidney beans, salt, pepper and onion mixture. Pour cream over all; gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Grate egg yolks; sprinkle over the top. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Potatoes and Beans in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p221
Reviews for Curried Potatoes and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review