Curried Pork and Green Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh green tomatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch ground cardamom, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter. Add tomatoes; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Combine flour, curry, salt, pepper, sugar and cardamom if desired; slowly stir into tomatoes. Add broth and pork; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve over rice. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 cup: 275 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Curried Pork and Green Tomatoes
"Made exactly as suggested with green - yellow romas. It was fantastic!!!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer