When the tomatoes are green in the garden, my husband and sons are thrilled to know this dish will appear on several weekly menus. I've passed the recipe on more times than I can count.
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh green tomatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch ground cardamom, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- Hot cooked rice
- In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter. Add tomatoes; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Combine flour, curry, salt, pepper, sugar and cardamom if desired; slowly stir into tomatoes. Add broth and pork; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve over rice. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Pork and Green Tomatoes in Country Pork 1996, p61
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Pork and Green Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
"Made exactly as suggested with green - yellow romas. It was fantastic!!!"