- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh green tomatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch ground cardamom, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- Hot cooked rice
- In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter. Add tomatoes; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Combine flour, curry, salt, pepper, sugar and cardamom if desired; slowly stir into tomatoes. Add broth and pork; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve over rice. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Pork and Green Tomatoes in Country Pork 1996, p61
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Pork and Green Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
Made exactly as suggested with green - yellow romas. It was fantastic!!!