Curried Pork & Orange Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 large unpeeled navel orange
- In a small bowl, mix oil, minced onion, garlic and spices; reserve half of mixture for basting kabobs while cooking. Cut pork, peppers, onion and unpeeled orange into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, vegetables and orange; brush with remaining curry mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until vegetables and pork are tender, turning occasionally. Baste frequently with reserved curry mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curried Pork & Orange Kabobs
Sort By :
Really liked this one! Will double the sauce next time.
This recipe is going into our favorites collection. Easy, quick, and very yummy. We didn't change or alter anything in the recipe.
My family and I loved the flavor of these kabobs. The spices are a great combination and the smoky orange pieces really brightened the kabob. Save a few orange slices to squeeze the juice over the meat as you eat it. Wonderful!