Curried Pork & Orange Kabobs
I love the sweet flavor of red, yellow and orange peppers. I always go for these in the summer when they are inexpensive and plentiful, plus I think they taste a whole lot better than green peppers. —Liv Vors, Peterborough, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 large unpeeled navel orange
- In a small bowl, mix oil, minced onion, garlic and spices; reserve
- half of mixture for basting kabobs while cooking. Cut pork, peppers,
- onion and unpeeled orange into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked
- wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, vegetables and orange;
- brush with remaining curry mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until
- vegetables and pork are tender, turning occasionally. Baste
- frequently with reserved curry mixture during the last 4 minutes of
- cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.