- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 large unpeeled navel orange
- In a small bowl, mix oil, minced onion, garlic and spices; reserve half of mixture for basting kabobs while cooking. Cut pork, peppers, onion and unpeeled orange into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, vegetables and orange; brush with remaining curry mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until vegetables and pork are tender, turning occasionally. Baste frequently with reserved curry mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Curried Pork & Orange Kabobs
Sort By :
"Really like this one! I double the sauce, use chicken breasts instead of pork and broil it all in a 9 x 13 pan instead of kabobs. It turns out fantastic every time, even with the changes."
"This recipe is going into our favorites collection. Easy, quick, and very yummy. We didn't change or alter anything in the recipe."
"My family and I loved the flavor of these kabobs. The spices are a great combination and the smoky orange pieces really brightened the kabob. Save a few orange slices to squeeze the juice over the meat as you eat it. Wonderful!"