Curried Pineapple Turkey Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, celery, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, curry, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice. Stir into turkey mixture.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spoon onto lettuce-lined plates; top with grapes and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 335 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Curried Pineapple Turkey Salad
"Excellent! Would certainly make this one again!"