“With its sweet and savory taste, this is one of my favorite healthy recipes,” writes Teri Lindquist of Gurnee, Illinois. “I always serve it with date-nut bread on the side.”
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, celery, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, curry, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice. Stir into turkey mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spoon onto lettuce-lined plates; top with grapes and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Pineapple Turkey Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Pineapple Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2009
"Excellent! Would certainly make this one again!"