I make a big batch of these nuts at least once or twice a week to satisfy our six children. The never last long around our house, but I don't mind because I can whip up another batch in a matter of minutes.Debbie Lewis, Longview, Washington
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter; stir in sugar and curry powder. Add
- peanuts. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Spread on a
- sheet of oil; separate nuts. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 254 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.