Curried Peanut Soup
Recipe provided by Jif®
6 ServingsReady In Time 30 minutes
- 2 tbsps. butter
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 tsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- Heat butter in a 4-quart sauce pot. Sauté carrot, onion and celery
- until tender. Remove from heat and blend in flour.
- Add curry powder, salt, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, peanut
- butter and evaporated milk. Puree mixture in batches using a blender
- or food processor.
- Return soup to pot; bring to boil. Simmer until thickened. Stir in
- fresh parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with
- additional parsley. Yield: 6 servings.