Curried Peanut Chicken
"This is a nice change from traditional grilled items," says Jennifer Myers. The Havertown, Pennsylvania reader sprinkles coconut and currants over a tasty combination of chicken and peppers.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut in half
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, peanut butter and curry
- powder. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag;
- add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or
- overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill chicken and peppers,
- covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 165° and peppers are tender.
- Warm the reserved marinade. Cut chicken and peppers into 1/2-in.
- strips; sprinkle with coconut and currants. Serve with rice and
- reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.