- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, bouillon, garlic, curry powder, salt, pepper and mint to a boil. Stir in peas and celery. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peas and celery are tender. Cool slightly.
- Place pea mixture and milk in a blender; cover and process until blended. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Stir in lemon juice. Garnish with fresh mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Curried Pea Soup
"I rated this soup before it had the stars so I will do it again. I am sorry if my remarks show up 2 times but I want to share them with you. This is my favorite pea soup now. I will be making it again. I did not have all the ingredents so I had to make some changes and did not use the milk, cream, nor mint. I used dried split peas instead of frozen peas. I just cooked them longer until there were soft. I love the curry! Just a very pleasing taste. I hope you enjoy also."
"This is a great soup. I do believe it is my favorite pea soup. I did not have all the items called for, so I omitted the milk, cream and mint. I used dried split peas instead of frozen peas. I just cooked them until they were done. The curry is a nice touch!"