Curried Olive Egg Salad
Accessorizing the humble egg salad sandwich with olives, curry powder and celery seed really bumps up the flavor of lunch.—Anita Doyle, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Line pita halves
- with lettuce; fill each with 1/4 cup egg salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita pockets equals 398 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 329 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.