Curried Meat Loaf
This savory loaf has three things going for it: Extra color, out-of-the-ordinary taste and a wonderful aroma when it's baking. Plus, it's so easy! Denise Kilbock, Balgonie, Saskatchewan
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs or rolled oats
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, bread crumbs or oats, garlic,
- curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper, carrots and onion. Add ground
- beef; mix well. Pat meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.