Curried Lentil Soup Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Season with salt if desired. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 169 calories, 150 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 9 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetables.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.