Curry gives a different taste sensation to this chili-like soup from Christina Till of South Haven, Michigan. "It's delicious with a dollop of sour cream," she reports. "My family welcomes it with open arms- and watering mouths."
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Season with salt if desired. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Curried Lentil Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curried Lentil Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review