Curried Lentil Soup Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Season with salt if desired. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curried Lentil Soup(3)
Sort By :
This is good but I did up the spices. I used just over 2 tablespoons of curry powder (started with 2 and bumped it up a bit half way through). threw in an extra bay leaf, added an extra 2 cloves of garlic, and added probably close to 2 tablespoons of salt (hard to tell since I adjusted to taste toward the end.) I also added a second celery rib. We loved it. I'd definitely make again with these modifications.
I made this but with alot of changes( adding more spices) otherwise it would have been very bland. I sent it to my daughter, and later asked her how she liked it, since they love curry. She said I was hoping you wouldn't ask, it was so bland, we had to keep adding more and more spices, it is not a keeper.
I doubled the recipe, I had no potatoes but I subtituted a bunch of organic Kale. This was a great nutritious soup that my family loved. I am serving what is left over rice later in the week. Very ecominomical for a large family likfe ours. Very good flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Indian Recipes >
- Lentil Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >