Curried Lamb Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 ounces boneless lamb, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and curry powder; stir until smooth. set aside. In a large skillet or wok, saute lamb, onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is browned. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry apple, green pepper, celery, water chestnuts, peas and ginger in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb mixture. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 264 calories, 12g fat (0g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Curried Lamb Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.