- 4 bone-in loin lamb chops (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown lamb chops on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, apple and curry until tender. Combine the flour, salt, sugar and mustard; add to the pan. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice until blended. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Return chops to the skillet; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, turning once, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Curried Lamb Chops in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p11
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Curried Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >