- 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons curry powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 2 teaspoons garam masala, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder blade chops
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Hot cooked brown rice and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, paprika and thyme, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cumin and olive oil. Add lamb chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Place potatoes in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Transfer lamb to slow cooker.
- Place tomatoes, broth, onion, and remaining garlic and seasonings in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour over lamb and potatoes. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat with two forks. Strain cooking juices, reserving potatoes; skim fat. Return lamb, cooking juices and reserved potatoes to slow cooker; heat through. If desired, serve with rice and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Lamb and Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p42
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Curried Lamb and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review