Curried Honey Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting. Dip chicken in remaining butter mixture; place in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting occasionally with reserved butter mixture. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 pound: 164 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Curried Honey Chicken
"This is just amazing!"
"My husband and I liked the extra sauce on top, but I left it off for my 5 and 2 year old who did not like the extra flavor."
"Deliciously flavored, tender and juicy. If I don't want to spend the time baking and making the sauce separately, I mix the sauce ingredients with the cornstarch and water. Then I use boneless chicken which I cut up into bite sized pieces. I mix the chicken and sauce together and simmer in a large skillet till done. Serve it over rice like a traditional curry."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.