A friend gave me this recipe, and it always receives lots of compliments. The curry-citrus sauce is the perfect accent for the golden-baked chicken. —Joanna Burks Marshfield, Missouri
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting. Dip chicken in remaining butter mixture; place in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting occasionally with reserved butter mixture. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Honey Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Honey Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review