Curried Ham and Fruit
This dish tastes as good as it looks! The curry and fruit go well with the ham, and we like to serve it over rice. With our three children, my husband and I enjoy country life on our hobby farm.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 slices fully cooked ham (1/2 inch thick and 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) peach-orange nectar
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and halved
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Place ham in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with nectar. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes,
- basting once.
- Combine fruits; spoon over ham. In a small bowl, combine butter,
- brown sugar and curry powder. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit. Bake
- 15-20 minutes longer, basting once. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer