Curried Ham and Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small cantaloupe or honeydew melon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ham, apples and celery. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk and curry powder; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serve over melon wedges; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-1/2-cup serving (prepared with low-fat ham, fat-free mayonnaise, skim milk and cantaloupe and without pecans) equals 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit; also, 181 calories, 987 mg sodium, 25 gm cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm protein, 3 gm fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.