This dish tastes as good as it looks! The curry and fruit go well with the ham, and we like to serve it over rice. With our three children, my husband and I enjoy country life on our hobby farm.
- 4 slices fully cooked ham (1/2 inch thick and 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) peach-orange nectar
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and halved
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Place ham in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with nectar. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes, basting once.
- Combine fruits; spoon over ham. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and curry powder. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit. Bake 15-20 minutes longer, basting once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Ham and Fruit in Country Woman March/April 2000, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Ham and Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review